Spray Epigen is an effective antiviral drug that will help restore local immunity, get rid of discomfort in the intimate area and eliminate various neoplasms without resorting to radical methods of treatment.
This pharmaceutical product has a safe composition and a small list of contraindications, so it is perfect for the treatment of viral infections.
- 1 Composition and form of release of intimate gel
- 2 Pharmacological action, is it suitable for intimate hygiene?
- 3 Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics, abstract
- 4 Indications for use: Why does it help and heal?
- 5 The effectiveness of the HPV gel
- 6 Instructions for use of the drug: how to use it correctly
- 7 Can it be used by children, pregnant women and breastfeeding?
- 8 Overdose
- 9 Side effects of intimate aerosol
- 10 Contraindications to the use of the drug
- 11 Interactions with other drugs
- 12 Special instructions for the drug
- 13 Terms of storage and sale
- 14 How much can be stored?
- 15 But isn’t Panavir better?
- 16 Aerosol analogues
- 17 Reviews about the drug
Composition and form of release of intimate gel
The composition of the treatment-and-prophylactic spray contains natural ingredients with high biological activity. The main active ingredient of the drug is activated glycyrrhizic acid obtained from the medicinal licorice root. Additionally, the composition contains:
- maleic acid;
- folic acid;
- ascorbic acid;
- fumaric acid;
- propylene glycol;
- purified water.
The product is available in the form of a spray for topical and external use. The treatment solution is packaged in bottles with a spray nozzle of 15, 60 and 125 ml. The kit also comes with a special nozzle for vaginal administration of the solution.
Pharmacological action, is it suitable for intimate hygiene?
Activated glycyrrhizic acid contained in the preparation has an antiviral, immunostimulating, anti-inflammatory and regenerating effect, eliminates itching and other symptomatic manifestations of pathological processes developing in the body.
The active substance increases the activity of T-lymphocytes, increases the concentration of immunoglobulins A and M, and also induces the formation of interferon.
The spray restores the balance of intimate microflora, creates the necessary conditions for the development and increase in the number of beneficial lactobacilli, provides reliable protection against pathogenic microorganisms and relieves inflammation.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics, abstract
Under the condition of proper use, glycyrrhizic acid accumulates in the lesions, where it has a complex therapeutic effect. Absorption into the systemic circulation is slow. The components of the drug are found in the blood in trace amounts.
Indications for use: Why does it help and heal?
Spray Epigen is used to treat and prevent diseases of viral etiology, therefore, most often the drug is prescribed for the occurrence of such pathologies as:
- papillomavirus infection;
- herpesvirus infection;
- cytomegalovirus infection;
- bacterial vaginosis;
- nonspecific vulvovaginitis;
- cervical erosion;
- insufficiency of ovarian function.
The effectiveness of the HPV gel
Studies have proven that Epigen has a detrimental effect on the papillomavirus, destroying infected cells and reducing the likelihood of recurrence of warty neoplasms. The spray is prescribed for infection with strains with low and high oncogenicity.
Instructions for use of the drug: how to use it correctly
Using intimate spray Epigen , you must follow the instructions for use, which includes simple points:
- Shake the bottle with the solution well.
- Move the vial to an upright position.
- Apply the agent to the affected surface from a distance of 4–5 cm. In the case of intravaginal use, use an additional nozzle and inject by pressing the valve.
Can it be used by children, pregnant women and breastfeeding?
Glycyrrhizic acid does not have a teratogenic or toxic effect on the fetus, so the drug can be used by pregnant and lactating women.
Children under the age of one year should not use the product.
Cases of overdose when using the spray have not been recorded.
Side effects of intimate aerosol
Epigen has a positive effect on the body, however, with an increase in dosage, ignoring contraindications or instructions for use, the drug can cause the following symptoms:
- burning and severe itching in the intimate area;
- skin rashes;
- redness and swelling of the mucous membranes.
Contraindications to the use of the drug
Intimate spray is contraindicated in the presence of hypersensitivity of the body to the components that make up the solution.
Interactions with other drugs
With the simultaneous use of Epigen spray with antiviral drugs, an increase in the therapeutic effect is noted. Interactions with other groups of drugs used for complex treatment have not been identified.
Special instructions for the drug
Before self-use of the drug at home, it is recommended to familiarize yourself with several rules:
- Wash the nozzle with warm, boiled water and soap and store in the enclosed plastic bag.
- For the effective action of the medicinal solution, do not wash the application area before the procedure.
- If an unpleasant odor, discomfort or rash appears in the intimate area after treatment of the affected areas, stop using the product and consult a doctor.
Terms of storage and sale
Epigen intimate spray should be stored at a temperature of 4 to 25 degrees out of the reach of children. You can buy a drug without a prescription.
How much can be stored?
The shelf life of the product is 3 years from the date of manufacture. It is strictly forbidden to use the solution after the expiration date.
Like Epigen spray, Panavir successfully copes with various viruses and infections, eliminating unpleasant symptoms and having a beneficial effect on the body.
Both medications accelerate metabolic processes in tissues and promote their rapid healing, which means they are equally effective for the treatment and prevention of diseases of viral etiology.
The only drawback of the spray, but significant for most consumers, is its high cost, so carriers of viral infections prefer to use other drugs that are similar in their effect.
No less effective analogues of Epigen spray are:
- Gerpferon is an antiviral agent for local and external use, which has an immunomodulatory and analgesic effect. Among the active ingredients of the drug are recombinant human interferon, acyclovir and lidocaine. The medication has a small list of contraindications and can be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Glyciram is a drug based on glycyrrhizic acid that interrupts the replication of viruses at an early stage. Glyciram in tablet form is contraindicated in children under 12 years of age, pregnant women and people with severe liver and kidney diseases.
- Lactonorm is a pharmaceutical preparation that normalizes the natural intimate microflora and eliminates the symptoms of pathological processes. It is often prescribed for the complex treatment of bacterial vaginosis, chronic vulvitis and for prenatal preparation for women during the period of bearing a child.
Reviews about the drug
Inna, 23 years old, Irkutsk. A gynecologist recommended Epigen spray for the treatment of genital warts, although initially I planned to immediately cauterize these growths . After a month of use at a re-examination, the doctor made me very happy.
It turned out that the condylomas disappeared! To be honest, I did not even expect such a result. I recently found out that Epigen gel for intimate hygiene is also on sale – I will definitely try it too.
Victoria, 48 years old, Ulyanovsk. Problems in the female part have been bothering me for a long 10 years. No matter what drugs I take, thrush constantly appears, from which it is simply impossible to get rid of forever. .
After another trip to the doctor, I bought Epigen spray – a rather harmless remedy with a good composition. I used it for several days, but I didn’t notice much result, only the itching became less pronounced.
Anastasia Malysheva, gynecologist, 8 years of work experience. Glycyrrhizic acid inhibits the activity of viruses, stimulates the production of interferon and activates the immune system, due to which any viral infections quickly recede.
I recommend epigen in the form of a spray for the treatment, prevention and elimination of relapses of papillomavirus, colpitis and candidiasis, since this drug is absolutely safe and most effective.
Dysfunction of the immune system makes the body more vulnerable and susceptible to viral infections. Without timely therapeutic measures, pathology can become chronic and lead to irreversible consequences, so it is important to undergo regular preventive examinations and follow all the recommendations of the attending physician.